ACT Prep Classes
Our classes provide 10 hours of ACT prep instruction in a small-group setting. Our curriculum teaches strategies for each section of the test and provides opportunities to practice using actual ACT tests. Students who prepare for the ACT at Learning Lab typically earn improved scores. Those who work diligently within our system can and often do improve their scores significantly and sometimes dramatically.
Learning Lab Test Prep Specialists help students improve their standardized test performance in three distinct ways...
Teaching students test-taking strategies that help them dissect the question, analyze the responses, and manage their time.
Using real ACT exams to allow students ample opportunity to practice and familiarize themselves with the test.
Identifying areas of subject weakness and reviewing content in those areas to shore up skills before testing.
Why is the ACT still important?
Many colleges and universities have made taking the ACT optional for 2021 applicants because of the pandemic, but experts say the tests are still relevant:
- The Tennesee Department of Education released an article, which reported that the participation for the ACT for the 2019-2020 graduating class held steady despite COVID-19.
- The ACT is still a requirement for many scholarships and could benefit a student’s financial aid greatly.
- Taking the ACT can only benefit a student with test-optional colleges & universities.
- Students are not required to submit their ACT scores on applications if they do poorly.
- If students do well then their ACT scores can only boost their applications.
- All Tennessee students have to take the ACT to graduate.
Nashville 2021 ACT Classes (all classes from 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM)
January 23, 2021
January 30, 2021
In preparation for the February 6, 2021 ACT, register for the above 5 classes (each class is 2 hours each, for a total of 10 hours of prep).
Brentwood 2021 ACT Classes: TBD