Preparing for Exams – Study Tips that Work!
Final Exams can often bring stress to students and their families. Students may need extra help in preparing for exams, which can sometimes be overwhelming, so secure your tutor early! Having a tutor will not only allow your child to have that extra academic support but also allows the parent to participate in a more supportive role rather than a “teacher” role.
Preparing for Exams: Tips to Make This Process More Successful!
- Turn off your phone and go to a place free of distractions to study.
- Give yourself enough time to study fully for the exam. Starting the night before does not meet those criteria.
- Organize your materials and complete all study guides.
- Review past exams and quizzes. The final exam usually is a combination of those tests.
- Make notecards, or study sheets to help you have a more compact list of information to study
- Take regular breaks during your studying.
- Eat healthy snacks during studying.
- Get a good night’s sleep. Staying up too late will hinder you more than help you!
Preparing for Exams: Schedule Your Student’s Test Prep Now
For more information about Test Prep, contact one of our two Learning Lab locations, or fill out the form below!
Learning Lab Brentwood
5500 Maryland Way, Suite 110
Brentwood, TN 37027
Learning Lab Nashville
2416 21st Avenue South, Suite 100
Nashville, TN 37212